2. What is Copyright Research? • copyright is a document which you can get to stop people stealing your ideas/ logos an example of this is McDonalds. Their logo is known world wide and no one can now steal their logo.
3. How Can You Use copyright? • The copyright is when someone has copied/ stolen someone else's work, and claiming it as their own.
4. Types Of Copyright • There are different types if copyright for protection form different types of media such as: • A book • Film • Song • TV Programme • Advert • Songs • This protects everyone so that they know something is theirs. Unless they decided to sell that idea to someone else. An example of this would be ‘Beats By Dr. Dre’ who has recently sold that idea to apple for a price region around $2.4billion
5. Advert • An example of copyrighting something from an advert would be E4 or the BBC. • Because the BBC and E4 are two very different but unique company’s it’s difficult to copyright them because their logos are unique just like their adverts. • Copying/ stealing an idea from either of these companies could lead to a huge fine without the right documents and authorization from them.
6. Songs • To use another artists song inside another song will need permission from the other artist. • If any part of a different song is easily recognised and the artist finds out then they have the right to sue for not having the right permission and not have documents saying its ok for this to happen.
7. Film • An example of film copyright would be the recent occurring of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica. • Three of the reasons is that Star Wars have found 34 distinct ideas that have been used in Battlestar galactica. The other reason being is that the character in Battlestar Galactica is called Skyler which was to much like the name Skywalker in Star Wars. And also the title airing of Battlestar Galactica was called Star Worlds, which again the owners of Star Wars thought was to close to their original name.
8. How this links to my animation? • This links with my animation because we’re doing our advert animation on a charity which you don’t see much if on TV so we won’t be copying anything from their advert apart from maybe their music in the background.